Monday, September 28, 2009

Month Twenty

Taiden Taiden,
You are 20 months old! Only four (FOUR) months until you are two!! This year is FLYING by so fast.  I didn't write you a 18 or 19 month letter so this will be a mixture..
We had a lot of fun this Summer...
You played in the fountain at liberty park when your cousins Jesalana and Jairiana came for a week in July. You had so much fun with them and you would look for them every morning for a week after they left. We went to the library, the park, and raging waters while they were here. It's a lot harder to keep older kids busy let me tell you!
You had 'swim lessons' also. They were more to get you used to the water, and although you didn't like most of the activities we did, I think it actually worked. At the beginning of the summer you wouldn't even go shin deep into the water... By the end you were walking out so far I had to go get you because you didn't stop!
We never really played 'catch' before, but you had a blast when we started. You've always liked to throw things so you thought this was even better because you were ALLOWED to throw.
Grandma, DD and Shawnie moved back to UT this summer and Simone came to visit. You immediately attached yourself to Shawnie and I think it hurt Simone's feelings because you loved her last year and you wouldn't touch her this year. By the time she left you were just warming up to her. I think she's going to visit more after this. It took you a while to warm up to DD, but you love him now. I think your faovirte thing to do with him is play 'tackle'... Meaning you attack him! :-) As far as Grandma goes... She kind of messed that up in the beginning when she insisted on braiding your hair! You hate getting it done, but you won't stay out of the mirror afterwards. Now you love her just as much as you love everyone else. You even call her Ma because that's what everyone around you calls her.. It's pretty funny because you usually yell it to get her attention (just like me!).
We went to the zoo twice this year and I think you had fun. I can't wait till next year when you can say more than your versions of elephant, tiger, and dook (look)!
We went camping with the whole family and you had a ton of fun. You loved throwing rocks into the creek and you even made a little chipmunk friend. Sleeping with you in the bed reminded me of why I was so against co-sleeping. Getting kicked in the face is NO FUN. But at least I was being kicked by cute toes... even stinky ones...
Fall is here now and I'm looking forward to all the fun activities we'll get to do this season.. Play in the leaves, go trick or treating and all the things I'm going to need to come up with for indoor play!

You're getting so big so quick I just can't keep up with you anymore.
But I am excited to try!



                                                       I love you Buddha butt,
                                                                                         Mommy

No comments: